Each year Berea BPW strengthens its commitment to the betterment of women by offering a $1,000 scholarship - the Jeanne Squire Memorial Scholarship. Jeanne Squire became a member of Berea BPW in June of 1946. Jeanne served BPW/Ohio as State President in 1964-65 and BPW/USA National president in 1972-73.
Jeanne was once quoted as saying:
“We have a slow cultural change to bring about. We must encourage girls and young women to think in professional terms. No career field, no executive level is closed to them now.”
Jeanne Squire chaired the Congress of Business and Professional Women of the Americas in San Salvador. When she was National President, her theme was “Higher with Squire”. Jeanne was a founding member of BPW/Ohio Retirement Living board and was dedicated to the BPW National Foundation.
Consideration for the Jeanne Squire Memorial Scholarship will be given to
recipients who meet the following qualifications.
- Female applicants 30 years or older by December 31, 2013
- Applicant must be a resident of Cuyahoga, Lorain, or Medina counties
- Seeking entry or re-entry into the workforce
- Pursuing a 2 year Associate Degree or 4 year Bachelor Degree at a North Central Ohio ACCREDITED College or University
- Demonstrated financial need
Completed applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2014
Click the icons below to download the appropriate forms:
You can enter the information into the application form
online then print it.
(Don’t forget to add your signature)
or you can print a copy to complete by hand
Please mail your completed application to:
P.O. Box 95